Patrons - We are still currently closed as we make the final transition into our new location.
We're officially opening October 25th at 10am.
- Meeting Areas are available for a small fee to non-profit organizations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 334-774-5480 to reserve a room.
- Reference Services provides information on most subjects. A librarian is available to help patrons find resources they need to conduct their research.
- Telephone Reference Services helps out with quick questions, responding to your short-answer reference questions.
- Free Internet Access is offered to adults and children. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a responsible adult of 17 years old or older.
- Inter-library Loan (ILL) allows patrons to borrow material from libraries throughout the state and nation.
- Genealogy assistance is available in the Creel Richardson Room which contains the special documents, rare books and local history, including marriage and cemetery records. We also have free access to Ancestry.com
- Young Adult Services gives young people 12 years of age and older the opportunity to volunteer for community service. In addition, we have a YA section aimed at meeting the specific needs for teens as well as a Graphic Novel section.
- Children's Programs are offered to encourage reading and library usage. Story Time is held every Thursday @ 10:30am and 4:00pm. We also have an annual Spring Break Program in March and a Summer Reading Program in June.
- Popcorn & a Movie is a fun program generally held on the second Saturday of each month. Check our Popcorn & a Movie link under the Children's Library section, the Children's Newsletter, or the Calendar under Events and Displays for dates and movie titles.
- Online Card Catalog service is available to patrons via any computer or mobile device with internet access.
- The Alabama Virtual Library is available via Internet, and patrons can access large databases of current information suitable for all school ages and adults.
- Learning Express Library can be accessed at the Library or at home to practice for a variety of tests. You must first register for an account at the Circulation Desk.
- Homework Alabama is provided for free by the Alabama Public Library Service (APLS). Students can receive online help with homework assignments in Math, English, Social Studies, and Science. This service is available daily from 3pm until 10pm.